REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST Republic of Tajikistan Learning Environment – Foundation of Quality Education Project
Republic of Tajikistan
Learning Environment – Foundation of Quality Education Project
Contract No MOES/LEARN/IC/2023-08
Issuance date: 17/08/2023
Closing date/time: 03/08/2023
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION:
The Government of the Republic of Tajikistan has received grant funding in the amount of US$50.0 million from the World Bank for the implementation of the "Learning Environment – Foundation of Quality Education Project” (the Project, LEARN) during 2023-2029. The Project will be implemented by the Ministry of Education and Science (MOES), and in close coordination with the Agency for Supervision in the Sphere of Education and Science (ASSES).
The Project Development Objective is to enhance the quality of teaching and learning environments in selected general secondary schools.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Secretary-Translator will be contracted by the MOES with LEARN funds and will be accountable to the Deputy Minister for economic issues on the day-to-day administration of project activities, for all project-related communication, coordination, contractual and administrative matters as well as interpretation and translation services.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Minister for economic issues of the MoES, the Secretary-Translator will:
As Project Secretary
• Assist with the day-to-day operations of the LEARN;
• Set up and maintain a project filing system. This includes organizing and filing all incoming and outgoing correspondence (letters, memos, faxes, e-mails), project reports, and publications.
• Ensure prompt response to phone calls, general emails, and requests from project stakeholders;
• Draft meeting notes/minutes, as required;
• Establish and maintain a database of all project partners’ contacts;
• Assist with travel and logistical arrangements. This includes visa, transportation, hotel bookings for consultants and invited guests coming for project activities;
• Undertake preparation for project events, including workshops, meetings, study tours, training, etc. This includes timely bookings of the venue, sending invitations, preparing agenda, etc.;
• Carry out other relevant tasks, provided that they do not contradict the conditions of the Financing Agreement and the Project Operations Manual;
As Project Interpreter/Translator
• Act as an interpreter for brief non-technical meetings as needed.
• Provide quality translation of small project-related documents like emails and letters from English to Tajik & Russian, and from Tajik & Russian to English;
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION:
It is expected that the selected candidate will conform to the following qualifications and experience profile:
• University degree in English, public administration, or a related subject;
• At least 3 years of experience providing project administrative and interpretation/translation support, preferably with international organizations or projects;
• Good command of Russian, Tajik, and English;
• Strong organizational and office management skills, strong teamwork and communication skills;
• Experience in working with international organizations would be an advantage;
• Good computer skills in common office software programs (Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, email, and Internet).
ASSIGNMENT DURATION, LOCATION AND REPORTING:
The Secretary-Translator is expected to begin the assignment in August 2023 on a full-time basis. The Secretary-Translator shall be contracted for 12 months, with an initial 3-month probationary period.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION:
The Consultant(s) will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers November 2020 (Procurement Regulations).
Qualified applicants are requested to send the CV and cover letter in Russian and English via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, include the position title in the subject of the email.
For more information, please call: (+992 37) 2274502 from 8:00 to 17:00
The deadline for submitting documents is 03 August 2023, before 17:00 (Dushanbe time).