REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST Republic of Tajikistan
Learning Environment – Foundation of Quality Education Project
Contract No MOES/LEARN/IC/2023-07
Issuance date: 17/08/2023
Closing date/time: 03/08/2023
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION:
The Government of the Republic of Tajikistan has received grant funding in the amount of US$50.0 million from the World Bank for the implementation of the "Learning Environment – Foundation of Quality Education Project” (the Project, LEARN) during 2023-2029. The Project will be implemented by the Ministry of Education and Science (MOES), and in close coordination with the Agency for Supervision in the Sphere of Education and Science (ASSES).
The Project Development Objective is to enhance the quality of teaching and learning environments in selected general secondary schools.
“Teaching and Learning environment” in this project refers to the complete physical, social, and pedagogical context in which learning is intended to occur. The teaching and learning environment in this project is defined as consisting of the skills and competencies of teachers and physical learning spaces where learning occurs . It is school settings (not just classrooms) and contexts in which students learn and teachers teach within the school premises.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Project Coordinator provides technical and managerial assistance to the MOES and ASSESS in effectively implementing Project activities. S/he also ensures coordination and flow of information between and among those implementing entities. The Project Coordinator is responsible for the quality assurance of all Project products and for the quality of all documents submitted to WB by the MoES.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Minister for economic issues of the MoES, the Project Coordinator will:
• Close work with the relevant departments/institutions of the MoES to ensure the quality of deliverables;
• Support the MOES in monitoring to ensure effective and transparent utilization of the LEARN funds in accordance with the procurement plan and costing table;
• Participation in all meetings and events related to the project;
• Support relevant departments/institutions of the MoES to develop TOR for needed consultancies;
• Support the MOES in managing and coordinating the work of technical consultants contracted to support LEARN implementation, review and ensure the quality of their outputs/reports;
• Support the MOES in supervising monitoring and evaluation activities to ensure conformance of actual results to planned results, in accordance with the FA and results framework;
• Making necessary and timely proposals for improving the work within the framework of the project;
• Support the MOES in coordinating reporting inputs for all LEARN project components and sub-components and undertake the analysis and interpretation of these inputs in the preparation of consolidated project progress reports, and a final completion report, to be submitted in a timely manner to the Minister and Deputy Ministers of the MoES, the MoF and WB;
• Based on the evidence concerning the Project’s implementation progress, propose changes and/or calibrations as needed to the POM to be approved by the Minister and Deputy Ministers of the MoES;
• Providing the Deputy Minister for economic issues of the MoES with weekly and, if necessary, daily information on the progress of the project;
• With inputs from relevant members of the Project Management Team, develop an overall plan for LEARN’s communication campaign, prepare communication materials, and roll out a project communication campaign;
• Maintain close communication with all of LEARN’s key stakeholders and partners;
• Ensure that the Project GRM is implemented as per the agreed procedures.
• Facilitate the assignment of individuals responsible for receiving and documenting complaints at each of the GRM up-take points.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION:
It is expected that the selected candidate will conform to the following qualifications and experience profile:
• Higher education in the field of management, public administration, economics, education or relevant areas;
• At least 8 years of experience in managing a work of multitasked professional teams preferably in education sector
• At least 4 years of experience in managing donor funded projects; previous experience in implementing the World Bank financed projects, especially in the education sector, is an advantage;
• Good knowledge and experience in education system of Tajikistan (of primary and secondary education);
• Good knowledge of project cycle, procurement and financial management;
• Ability to think strategically and translate ideas into plans and actions;
• Strong verbal communication and report writing skills;
• Strong People management and activity coordination skills;
• Excellent command of Russian, Tajik, and English.
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages.
• Two reference letters from the most recent employers
ASSIGNMENT DURATION, LOCATION AND REPORTING:
The Project Coordinator is expected to begin the assignment in August 2023 on a full-time basis. The Specialist shall be contracted for 12 months, with an initial 3-month probationary period. This assignment is renewable annually based on the specialist’s performance and project needs.
The Project Coordinator will be accountable to the Deputy Minister on Economic Issues (DMEI) of the MoES on day-to-day project activities.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION:
The Consultant(s) will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers November 2020 (Procurement Regulations).
Qualified applicants are requested to send the CV and cover letter in Russian and English via e-mail: email@example.com
Please, include the position title in the subject of the email.
For more information, please call: (+992 37) 2274502 from 8:00 to 17:00
The deadline for submitting documents is 03 August 2023, before 17:00 (Dushanbe time).